Buchanan Technologies is experiencing some growth in our Support Center! We are currently accepting applications for Service Desk Analysts for our Dayton, OH office.
The Service Desk Analyst provides 24x7 network, hardware, and software support for various client communities which includes troubleshooting and resolving issues regarding LAN issues, application issues, server, AS/400 devices, desktop issues, mainframe issues, proprietary applications, mobile devices, and PC support in a Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/7/Vista environment.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personal requests for technical support in a fast, friendly manner and have the ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals
- Troubleshoot & support software applications, various hardware/software configurations and run appropriate testing & diagnostics
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems and escalate problems to other support teams when necessary
- Document incidents/problems and clearly document the issue, troubleshooting steps taken, and comments in an incident management system.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to frequent change and be able to work a flexible schedule
- Work with diverse groups and individuals to set goals, establish priorities, and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of basic network components and concepts
- Ability to provide support to end users on a variety of topics including Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/Vista, MS Office, printers, mobile devices, and email issues
- Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical abilities
- Strong commitment to quality customer service
- Ability to work independently as well as willing to follow direction and best practices
- Regularly demonstrates initiative in supporting the customer outside of expected job assignments
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task talking to customers while performing technical computer work.
- Candidates must also be able to work any shift, holidays, and weekends
- Two or Four-year degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience in a Technical Support/Help Desk environment.
- Previous call center, customer service, technical support experience
Monday through Friday varied start times
Buchanan Technologies is an EEO. US Citizens & Green Card Holders & those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. No 3rd party agencies. Buchanan Technologies appreciates your interest in our organization however only those candidates meeting the requirements of the opportunity will be considered and contacted. No phone calls please.